Saturday 25 January 2014

Stila - After Glow Lip Color - Tangerine Dream & Rave Red

Top right rave red, bottom right tangerine dream

Stila After Glow Lip Color in Tangerine Dream & Rave Red £12.00 each

Yet again I'm trying out more lip crayons, I have to say these days I prefer the crayon to a lipstick. I love being able to colour in my wonky lips in a much more precise way as I sometimes go over the top, over compensating for my odd lips - with a pencil I just make the best of what I've got.

I've tried many lip pencils/crayons that I love but I had to try the Stila one out and a couple of weeks back they had a sale on taking them to close to half price (now back up in price unfortunately), a very good reason to finally give them a go.

The Stila lip color applies easily, smoothly it's also incredibly rich and hydrating - like a lip balm. Fortunately it isn't too similar to a lip balm, the colour does last and also slightly stains the lip - something I love as I'm a bit slack when it comes to topping up my lips. I really love both the colours, the rave red is a rich red with a hint of pink a slightly stronger colour than the tangerine dream which is a lovely soft orange.

At £12 you can't go far wrong, on top of the two colours above there are 4 other shades taking it to 6 in total. The other shades are electric pink, festive fuchsia, vivid violet and party pink. So quite a bit of pink, hopefully in the future there will be more shades. I'd love to see a dark brown/red or a lovely brick red. 

2 comments:

  1. I love the shades of these! I'm a Revlon just bitten kissable balm stain gal through and through... but I agree lip crayons are brill! xx

    duggydimples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love them too, I have a few dotted around the place. I have to admit I forget about them then pick them up in a rush and fall back in love with them! xx

      Delete