Wednesday 19 August 2015

Topshop Rio Rio Lipstick Review


I always pick up a new, bright shade for summer. This year I chose Rio Rio from Topshop, unfortunately in the UK the summer has been lacking so my chance to wear this has been few and far between, but as I feel autumn is descending upon us it's time I review this lipstick.

I wanted a lipstick with a retro, 70s feel making Rio Rio perfect. It's a bright, red-orange shade that really stands out brightly. It applies so softly, both silky and smooth yet the finish is matte which makes it a perfect statement shade for the daytime. It feels really soft and nourishing on the lips and also has a fruity "taste" to it.

Now my summer plan was to just wear it with a light coat of mascara but this summer just hasn't really happened. I will make the most of this lipstick by taking it into autumn, again with a 70s retro feel, wearing it with a bronze eyeshadow and lashings of mascara.

With just a lick of mascara

It's such a bold lipstick you'd think you would need to reapply constantly but it sits and stays on the lips, even after a meal I found it stayed put. It really does feel like it sets when it goes on, just not in an uncomfortable sticky manner.

It's a gorgeous shade, it's just a shame the weather hasn't been on my side.

Not only is Rio Rio available in the standard packaging but currently you can pick it up in the limited edition Topshop 5 years of beauty packaging for the same price.

2 comments:

  1. Hi!
    In Topshop Chile I not see this lipstick :(
    I love your review,
    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's such a shame. Are there any beauty shops that stock Topshop make-up? This has only been a recent thing over here but other shops now stock Topshop make-up, it might be worth looking in to! xx

      Delete