Saturday 27 June 2015

Astrid & Miyu Secret Box June 2015 Review


I received this box at the beginning of the month but it has taken me this long to get over the heartbreak of it being the final secret box on offer from Astrid & Miyu. Now there jewellery is still available to buy but they are canning their Secret Box - it's still available from their website but not for long. 

Now I believe the Astrid & Miyu secret box has received mainly positive reviews, from what I have read, but it does depend on your expectations and budget. I was already an A&M fan and had been stocking up on their pieces for a number of years so for me it was a way of getting more of their pieces for less. However, if you weren't already a fan it may not have felt worth your money. It was definitely more of a grown up subscription box at £39 every three months it was hardly pocket money, especially as you would usually receive just the 2-3 items. I still found it reasonable as I was used to spending £39 on just the one item. There are of course other similar style subscription boxes, cheaper and offering more items but I find Astrid & Miyu to be slightly more than costume jewellery, it just all depends on what you want.

I'm sad that the Secret Box has come to an end but it has finished on a high with two great pieces of jewellery. So what did I get?



Pretty Me Earrings in Rose Gold - these retail at £69.00, are cubic zirconia diamanté and crystal pearl - so simulated pearl, which for me is good, I don't do real pearls. These are really beautiful, smart and classic, I may never have purchased them myself at the price but I'm overjoyed to have this pair and plan to make good use of them. 

The Rosy IT ring in blue - this ring retails at £44.00, I already have one of these rings in black so now I have a mini stack to wear to work. I really love these rings, they are dainty, pretty and look precious. This is rose gold plated brass so can need a clean every couple of months. They do manage to look more expensive than they cost so a perfect in-between piece, not quite costume, not quite fine.

I love my Astrid & Miyu jewellery, they're the reason for my love of rose gold and although I'm disappointed that their Secret Box has come to an end I will continue to buy jewellery from them, especially when they have a sale on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment