Sunday 25 January 2015

Sunday Weigh-In: Third of the New Year!

Sticking with the easy post titles!

Not much has changed this week, I'm coasting along nicely and have managed to stick to a routine, working out Tuesday and Thursday, Saturday and Sunday. I'm also making the effort to reach 10,000 steps each day, once I've managed to reach that amount for a few weeks running, I'll try and up my game. Now I was a few hundred steps short on Monday and Friday, next week I'll be better. I didn't think I'd make my steps on Saturday but shockingly I did! I'm not quite at 10,000 yet today but just because I'm posting this now doesn't mean I've finished - I will make 10,000 steps today, I will make sure I do. So far this week I've done over the equivalent of 10,000 steps a day so I'm pleased with that.



Food wise I feel like I am changing my eating patterns somewhat, I'm trying to cut down portion size slightly whilst eating what I like in moderation. I've been working on changing my weekend lunches, a quick fix would be soup, not too bad, but this weekend I've had eggs and either some fruit or a piece of toast, my breakfasts have been yoghurt, granola and fruit with a little bit of what I fancy in the evening, all within my calorie range though.

This week I'm hoping to keep this up, increase my steps a little, decrease my food intake a little and keep it up with the exercise. There might be some hurdles this week with family/work commitments but I will do my best.

I've even started daydreaming about the sports kit I'll treat myself too when I get to my ideal size, see here.

Anyway I'm keeping it short and sweet this week, I hope everyone else is gradually getting towards their goals and I also hope everyone is feeling completely positive about it as that is half of the battle.

14 comments:

  1. You're doing brilliantly and above all, you have the perfect frame of mind - thanks for linking up xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, it is frustratingly slow but worth it, small steps will hopefully lead to big changes without too much pain! xx

      Delete
  2. Wow great job Sharon! I need to get in shape for summer too!
    Baci,
    Coco et La vie en rose - Valeria Arizzi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice post,glad to read this post and see someone else also willing to push a little harder to get into shape.Following you on GFC ,and you welcome to have a look at my blog and let me know your view.
    Xoxo Ruth.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you are doing such a great job! Hope you can keep this up, and that you can get in shape before summer! I should actually do that too, but I have no motivation hehe

    Pure Perspective

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you sweetie, sometimes it's just getting into the swing of it, I find exercising rather enjoyable and addictive, once I get into a routine! xx

      Delete
  5. Amazing! Great post and very nice blog!
    I'm following your blog. Can you follow me back? Thank you so much! :)
    Bisous,
    www.pequenomuffin.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh nice idea! Great to see that you're working towards a goal -- I think I'll try doing this as well :)

    I’d really love it if we followed each other :)
    __________________________________________________
    Hope you follow my blog ‘Heylinni’ at:
    http://www.bloglovin.com/en/blog/4923497
    I’d be glad to follow back! Us bloggers should support each other ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done, it sounds like you are doing fantastic! Hope you have a good week x #SundayWeighIn Kirsty @ Hijacked By Twins

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You! I'd like to think I'm trying my best, at least, well, most of the time! xx

      Delete