Wednesday 17 April 2013

My First and Most Likely Penultimate, If Not Final, Spring/Summer Wardrobe Update!

Today I had another hospital appointment, after which I needed to pick up a prescription. Instead of going to my usual pharmacy I decided to pop in to town and pick it up from Boots along with a few other items which I will go in to later. I live in a town with very little places to shop for clothes, one great independent shop and a few chains, M&S, Dorothy Perkins, Next and New Look. I do most of my shopping online, not just because I can't get about much but also because there is more choice. I decided to pop in to New Look as I had been wanting to have a look for a while and ended up getting a few basic bits.

New Look - Bralets - £4.99 each

I don't have the stomach to bare it freely, I haven't for years but I love crop tops and wear the under tops and dresses. I also have an aversion to bras. I lived in bras, would even sleep in them until I had my embolisation in December 2011. After that I was having help getting changed and in bed most of the day, it was then I realised how uncomfortable they were to wear all the time. So I got in to crop tops and haven't stopped wearing them.

New Look - Green Curved Hem Jumper - £9.99
I also picked up a thin green jumper. I have a similar blue one from Matalan but I'm a sucker for anything green. I plan to wear this jumper mainly over dresses but also on top of shirts.

New Look - Dip Hem and Peplum White T-shirt - £5.00


Last but not least a white t-shirt, not the usual plain white t-shirt this one, as you can see, is a dip hem and peplum white t-shirt. I just wanted something different, it is thin but I plan to wear a vest underneath it. There were a few other colours also £5.00, I might invest in 1 more if they are still only a fiver.

Now I say this was my penultimate update if not final. I'm not sure that I will see much of summer so it seems a bit pointless to get any more little bits so this will do for now. In total, a not so terrible £24.97.

Now, about my Boots shop although the 6 month challenge is still in full swing there are a couple of items I easily run out of nail varnish remover, foundation sponges, Nail whitening pencil (a Very Important Pencil) there were also a couple of lust haves that I have needed for a while, of course none of this I truly need but what is life without a little shopping treat? There were some Revlon products I had been wanting to try and at Boots were on a 3 for 2 offer. Unfortunately nowhere in town seems to have what I really want, the Revlon Nail Art Moon Candy, hopefully my little town will be blessed by their presence pretty soon. The items I bought from Boots were:


  • Revlon ColorStay Ultimate Suede in Socialite
  • Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Candy Apple
  • Revlon Baby Stick in Tahitian - there was a 3 for 2 make-up offer so this item was free
  • Rimmel Brit Manicure Nail Tip Colour in Porcelain
  • Rimmel Nail White Pencil
  • Rimmel 60 Seconds Nail Varnish in Sun Downer
  • Rimmel Volume Flash Scandal Eyes in Black - this was free when spending £10 or more on Rimmel products
  • OPI Corrector Pen
  • Boots Cosmetic Wedges
  • Boots essentials Nail Polish Remover

So quite a few bits, half essentials, half fun. I don't have many lipsticks, in the past they have been nothing more than a pain in the proverbial. I have the odd red, a beautiful Stila lip gloss set and the odd random glosses so I wanted an every day colour, see top photo and a brighter colour, see bottom photo, I wanted this to be more of an everyday red on the side of orange, something summery.





No comments:

Post a Comment