Friday 19 April 2013

What's in my GLOSSYBOX April 2013



This month the box felt like it would never come, I've been checking my Glossybox account pining for it. I was annoyed, slightly angry (which is a bit silly) but then it came and all is forgiven! 

This is a special box this month, exclusively designed by Pearl Lowe and it is gorgeous! I now need to decide where it will fit in to my stacking order, shall I make it another nail varnish box, I feel like it should be something more special. 

Last months box was my favourite by a long shot but this one comes a close second, possibly even a joint first. The contents, the box design, it makes me want to show it off to others, which I suppose I'm doing here although my Mum was the first to get a glance.


Sunsense - Daily Face SPF 50+ 10g (Full Size: £18.50 for 75g)



To be honest, I hadn't heard of this brand before. At first glance I thought it was actually a Nivea product. I have a few tinted moisturisers before as I'm always optimistic that I'll need them, most of the ones I have are fairly low SPF but I have nothing to protect against real sunshine, all my others are SPF 15 which is pretty useless in sunshine. This Australian brand offers an SPF of 50, fantastic if, like me, you are daydreaming of really warm climates. The oil-free formula makes it perfect for all skin types and offers a matte finish.

Yves Rocher France - So Elixir Purple Eau De Parfum 5ml (Full Size: £44.00 for 50ml)



I love perfume samples, I love perfume samples in tiny bottles even more. Of course if you are unaware of what the perfume smells like it can lead to disappointment, fortunately I'm not disappointed. This perfume offers a rather sexy, floral/woody scent - a mixture of Tuberose, Vetiver and Patchouli. A Perfect for day or evening, depending on your mood. My only problem with this perfume is it doesn't last as long as others, I've worn it for 6 hours and the smell has all but gone. I think I will save it to use when I next go travelling.


Nip + Fab - Dry Skin Fix Body Butter in Pistachio  50ml (Full Size: £9.95 for 200ml although as of typing it is on offer directly for £4.95)



I love a good body butter and I have plenty to work through on my 6 month challenge so this will be put aside, I might need to start a "Save for Travelling" box. I couldn't resist giving it a quick go. A really strong scent to this body butter, reminds me of pistachio ice cream rather than pistachio on its own. My skin is noticeably softer immediately and a little of the product goes a long way.


Essie - Nail Lacquer in Nice is Nice  13.5ml (Full Size: £7.99 for 13.5ml)



My favourite item of the box, I love nail varnish, I love Essie and this product is full size. Another pastel colour to add to my collection, this Essie nail varnish is a perfect I would describe it as periwinkle in colour. Even better this Essie nail varnish contains a square brush, something I much prefer as I'm a bit shaky with applying nail varnish.


ModelCo - Cheek + Lip Tint in Rosy Red 10ml (Full Size: £15.00 for 10ml)



Another full size product and also a product I would buy for myself. I love cheek and lip tint. I've used both MeMeMe Pussycat cheek & lip tint and BeneFit Benetint, I like both products although the one thing I would change is the consistency, both are runny which I don't like. This product is different, the consistency is a lot thicker, the colour comes out a really dark red, like blood. It doesn't go on as strong as it looks, I was concerned at first as I thought the colour might be a bit too bright for me but it is similar to both Pussycat and Benetint. A blob about the size of a petits pois is enough for both the cheeks and lips. The colour is called rosy red but I can't see any hint of pink just red. 

No comments:

Post a Comment