Wednesday 21 August 2013

The 6 Month Challenge - 4 Months in

What I've come to realise about myself from this challenge is that I already have too much stuff to begin with, I had high hopes of having a big clear space where toiletries and cosmetics had once filled, instead I'm left with a mess. Piles of items waiting to be used, the challenge will be ongoing, I've decided it will end once I've run out of items. I'll allow myself the odd treat and things that I use but where I've bought things to try out I need to just do that.


I keep pulling things out to use and my desk is just getting worse. I've let it get so bad as I'm rarely sat there so it doesn't bother me as much. It makes more sense to spend any energy on trying to make my bedroom as tidy and usable as possible.

Part of this whole mess isn't completely my fault. I have been stuck in bed for most of the day since the operation which is why I'm not writing as much. If I'm not in bed I'm doing little exercises to try and push myself to get better but I feel like I'm on a roller coaster, I'll push myself up, push myself to do a bit more then free fall into pain and days in bed and a sickly feeling. I am getting there health wise but my use of cosmetics is nil, I like to do my nails now and then and try and keep up with a skin routine. Straight after the operation I was having to use scent free soap but I'm now back to using up shower gel, although not to showering by myself.

So in the last couple of months I have only managed to use up the following:

2 x Superdrug own brand baby wipes (This summer it really has been too hot to be stuck in bed)
2 x Waitrose 4-in-1 vitamin E wipes
1 x Boots essential nail varnish remover
1 xBoots cotton wool balls
1 x bottle of Skinetica

This really hasn't cleared much space, well any space. At the moment it feels like I'm wading through mud to get through all my stuff, just the beauty kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment