Sunday 14 September 2014

Sunday Weigh-in: Still going strong-ish


This week has been pretty good, busy but good. This weekend was supposed to be our first restful weekend in two months, what with a wedding in Scotland, visiting James' mum, cat-sitting - all very enjoyable and fantastic but it is nice just to have a weekend at home. With James working every third week we haven't been able to do much. Nothing ever runs smoothly as my Gran has a fall yesterday morning and she's now in hospital, unfortunately she made quite a mess so her bedroom needs to be stripped but she herself is doing okay, nothing is broken and hopefully the rest in hospital will do her good. This may mean that my two weeks holiday will need to be cancelled, we're not going away but were planning to spend two weeks at home relaxing. If my parents cancel their holiday then I'll need to cancel mine, it can't be helped, gran comes first but nothing is certain as she is possibly in a better state for being in hospital than if they would be going right now anyway. I am just about ready to crack though, I'm at breaking point, I'm seriously burnt out so I desperately need the rest, I'll just have to wait and see.

Other than that everything else has run to plan this week. I worked out Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday (although I forgot to log on Wednesday as I had to run off half way through but I promise I did work out), I managed nearly 60 minutes of my new workout from The Firm - 12 Minute Calorie Blast as it's new to me I did take it easy but it was still very hardcore but also very fun!



I will do my yogalates this afternoon after visiting gran in hospital. Hopefully I'll also meet my goal of 5,000 steps a day at the weekend. Speaking of steps, I've managed over 10,000 Monday to Friday including slightly more on my rest days. I had hoped to make closer to 12,000 a few more days but I did okay.



Food wise I've come under each day, not too under which is good. No fantastic healthy home cooked recipes this week, yet again a bit too busy and completely burnt out. A bit obsessed with baked potatoes at the moment which isn't too bad.

I've been feeling more toned and my clothing has been fitting a lot better. I know it's slow progress but I really feel it's worth it.


Short Term Goals
I just want to get through this week, I'd like to manage the same amount of steps before really aiming for 12,000 a day. I want to keep up with the exercise. Now depending on what happens I might be having two weeks off, this will mean not logging my food for a couple of weeks, I won't be going overboard I usually take the approach of healthy breakfast, moderately healthy lunch and whatever for tea when on holiday - even the staycations. In the past I've felt that I've spent too much time when on holiday focussing on keeping everything up that the holiday has flown by so I want to keep it simple by not logging my food but keeping up with exercise. My steps will also be on the down side but this will just be for the two weeks, I expect to get back on track straight after. This all depend on whether my parents do go away though.


Long Term Goals
Still thinking about Halloween and Christmas!



9 comments:

  1. I hope your Gran gets better and feels better. Glad nothing was broken. Sometimes the hospital is the only place to get some R&R. Sad to say. Hope you and James and your mom do not cancel your holiday plans because you really need a break. I so understand about the breaking point…i only have a month till mine but its to the point where i am almost in tears at work and not just that they have me to the point where i am closing for the entire month! And I did not sign on for a night job/almost 3rd shift job. But yeah good luck with everything and things go well and better for all of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sean, I feel bad for wanting to keep my holiday plans but I'm so burnt out, I just need some rest as I've just had no time to myself, same with James, for months. Part of the time would be to do housework too, just had no time. We're about to go see her, we hope she at least gets a couple more nights in hospital some she can get plenty of rest and painkillers AND supervision plus her bedroom has been stripped, the carpet, the bed, it all had to go. xx

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear about your gran :( Thinking about maintaining your holiday isn't being at all selfish - you have to put yourself first and think about your own well-being too because if you do burn out, you'll be no good to anyone xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cheryl, it's going to be a difficult week, it's not helping that I can't get to sleep right now, not a good start. I just hope everything works out okay for gran. xx

      Delete
  3. So sorry to hear about your gran, must be something in the water as mine decided to go for a fall this week too! I'm just back from a holiday and agree that a time to put yourself is definitely necessary too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, it's not looking too great for her, we're hoping for the best but she is very ill. I think I'll at least take a week off to rest, exercise and eat crisps!!! xx

      Delete
  4. Its not selfish to wanting to keep your holiday plans! If your running out of steam then your no good use to for anyone or anything until you get some rest your self. So keep your holiday plans, its something that you have to do for your self! You are number 1. To make you feel a bit better when my aunt had her fall the same thing had to go and at that time my mom and i were out of steam and had to take a holiday - that was my birthday trip to disney (i don't remember too much about that trip last year because we were so run down)
    So better take a holiday before you get so run down you forget most of it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your Gran. I hope you don't have to cancel your holiday plans but if you do, I hope it won't be too long before you're able to arrange them again xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks sweetie, we've cancelled for now as my gran really hasn't being doing very well but I've been able to take a few days off to rest, support my mum and see my gran which helps. xx

      Delete