Thursday 4 September 2014

Urban Decay Cannonball Waterproof Mascara Review



At one point in my life I owned more mascaras than I did lipsticks, kind of silly as I have more need for multiple shades of lipsticks than I do mascaras but for some reason each time a new one came out I had to have it. I'm a lot more sensible these days after years of having to throw half used mascaras away that had dried up I take my time and pick wisely. It kind of came as a shock to realise I didn't have a single waterproof mascara on the go, I have a lot of dramatic lash type mascaras but not many basics.

Now I didn't bother to shop around, I'd already spied Cannonball a few months back and had it in the back of my head that one day I should pick it up. Being miles and miles from proper shops I rely on online shopping and as feelunique.com offer free shipping for orders over £10 I I decided to take the plunge (it also prevented me from overspending just to get free shipping as I sometimes do).

I've been wearing it for a few weeks now (not continuously - I am taking it off every night), it's proven to be waterproof 99% of the time (Incredibly heavy downpour I was caught in, nothing withstood that), I've found it to smudge slightly on occasion but the majority of time it's lasted the working day which is ideal for me.

One eye with just the mascara the other natural

The wand is pretty standard although slightly thinner. It's easy to apply, the wand separates my lashes, I've yet to have any clumping and it even lengthens, the definition is fabulous.  It's a really gorgeous and perfect for casual lashes. Now it possibly won't work with heavy eye make-up but it's perfect for everything else.

Now I should have a couple of months left of near continuous use but when it runs out I'll be picking this up again as it's now my must have basic mascara. 

5 comments:

  1. the mascara actually makes lashes very long and i like that there is no clumping
    Keep in touch
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    www.indianbeautydiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great mascara!!
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is perfect, I want to say casual but I think that makes it sound a bit boring but I mean it in a positive way! xx

      Delete
  3. wow nice post !
    I followed back ;)

    ReplyDelete