Wednesday 26 November 2014

Benefit they're real! push-up liner Review

Bottom left without mascara and bottom right with

Quite a few months back Benefit released they're real! push-up liner to much fanfare, I resisted the temptation even though I'd loved its sister product, they're real! mascara. It's not that I don't love dramatic eyeliner, I do, but I've never been able to use a pen properly, my preference is gel liner with a separate brush. Well, it has been my preference since they discontinued Babe Cake eyeliner, this was a Benefit product and it was just amazing, a dry powder that you added a little water to, this created a paste which was amazing to work with. So I'm possibly also a little bitter that Benefit once made the perfect eyeliner then took it away from me.

Elle UK came with a sample with their December issue, I just couldn't stay away any longer.

I have to confess, I'm in love, no pen has worked so well for me. It took me a few squeezes to get to grips with how it dispenses but after that it was so easy to work with. It's not quite a brush, more of a flexible plastic funnel. I was able to draw fairly precisely onto my eyelids - the product is more of a paste so it's easier to work with than runny liquid eyeliner, I could do a fine line, build it up thicker and end with a neat flick.

As this product dries immediately it was easy to go from thin to thick without ruining what I had already applied with smudging. The product set immediately which may sound ideal but it did mean any tiny mistakes was hard to rectify, but this quality did add to the longevity meaning I got a good five hours wear before it started to dry and flake. I do wonder if it would be wise to top up occasionally?

they're real! push-up liner with added they're real! mascara
I really was cynical to begin with but this eyeliner was so easy to use and very portable which means it will be making its way into my make-up bag in the near future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment