Wednesday 27 March 2013

What's in My Handbag - Korres Kit

The Welcome Back To Korres Kit




I was overjoyed to see this offer from What's in My Handbag, the Welcome Back to Korres kit, I already love Korres and believe in their products but I couldn't miss this bargain (£15, £12 with a voucher) and I had never considered using their nail varnish before but I always love to try new nail varnish.

The set contains the following;

Korres Wild Rose Lip Butter (full size)
Korres Guava Shower gel (travel size, 50ml)
Korres Basil Lemon Shower gel (travel size, 50ml)
Korres Wild Rose Moisturising & Brightening Cream (1 sachet)
Korres Wild Rose Brightening & Line Smoothing Serum (1 sachet)
Korres Nail Colour in Baby Pink (full size)

So far I've only tried two of the products, the nail colour and the lip butter. I've smelt the shower gels but I always think you can tell the quality by the smell, plus I like to save travel sized products for eventual dream holidays once I'm well again. The sachets I'm saving to test, I don't know for when.




The lip butter is a really vivid red with a hint of pink that looks perfectly natural on the lips and really keeps them moist.



This nail varnish is called baby pink, compared to the picture on the site the polish is actually a very very pale pink almost white, as you can see, I actually prefer this but if you were expecting more pink you might be disappointed. I do believe this will make a fabulous base underneath certain effect polishes, feathers, glitter, caviar, etc.
I applied three coats to the thumb, two coats to the index finger and one coat to the rest. I feel it got quite gloopy by the third coat but mainly as I didn't wait for it to start to dry. If you can get it even if will be a wonderful pale colour, especially beautiful on the toes but I think one coat looks perfect on its own.
The polish contains myrrh extract, essential nutrients and vitamin B5 to strengthen your nails and keep them healthy and are also free from acetone, phthlates, formaldehyde, camphor, toluene and xylene.

Now the shower gels I have only smelt but for me that is enough. The basil lemon is fresh and zesty but nothing exciting but this could be because it comes alongside the guava shower gel. The smell of this is beyond gorgeous, immediately it transports you to the beach, it's smells like a mix of sunscreen and coconut. I'd like to say it smells like guava but honestly I haven't a clue. I know that I will be upgrading this and getting a full sized bottle by the weekend, it is divine.

As of writing the kit is still available from What's in My Handbag, but Amazon is a good place to find Korres at a decent price and if you can't wait and are lucky enough to live near a Waitrose you can also pick up Korres items in the supermarket. If you are completely new to Korres and want to learn more about them and their products then the best information is available direct from them.

No comments:

Post a Comment