Tuesday 24 June 2014

Models Own - HyperGel - Naked Glow



Unbelievably this isn't just my first time with a no UV style gel nail varnish but gel nail varnish full stop. Now I did fancy a look of those home gel kits - mainly as I love a gadget but I decided it just wan't worth it. Mainly as I like to change my nail varnish every other day, so the fact that it lasts longer didn't appeal. I did like the idea of the high-shine finish which is why I decided to pick up a few from Models Own to try, I actually have three different colours but will be focusing on Naked Glow today.

Now I love a good natural colour, it's low maintenance but makes the nails look a little neater. Now what natural colour works best is a matter of skin tone but I think this colour would suit everyone. It's a lovely, barely there ecru with a lovely shine.

As I said before gel nail varnishes just weren't on my radar so I've never really looked into them. I didn't really bother to research how a home version without a UV light would work but my presumption was high-shine and long lasting.

Now the high-shine was there but I found that this didn't last. I always like to test my nail varnish with and without a top coat. Without a top coat this was chipped in less than 24 hours. However I tried it again with a top coat and this became a lot more hard wearing. They even do a Hyper Gel clear top coat which I would say is definitely worth picking up (and will do when I pick up more shades).

Now for the price this is a really good alternative to going out to the salon but you have to make the effort to put a top coat on if you want it to last but it really is worth it. 

1 comment:

  1. So pretty! I love the colour.
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete