Monday 11 November 2013

Lush Christmas Goodies

Well this is my first Christmas post of the year, I know some people think it is a little early to think about it but really there isn't that much time left. I get paid monthly so this is the point when I realise that I only have one more pay day left until Christmas - unfortunately it won't be a very big one but I've already started my Christmas shopping and have plenty of wrapping paper left from last year. Even though I'm being cheap I can't resist a few Christmas goodies from Lush and when I knew my Mum would be near one this weekend I presented her with a decent sized list, which she promptly lost and then ended up with a slightly longer one texted from me.

Now before I go into my Lush goodies I want to know if anyone else is similar to me, my partner says that I'm the only one to act like this but I'm sure there must be others out there? I LOVE Christmas, I love this time of the year, from October-December I'm at peace, happy and usually relaxed even if I am a little cold, I love Christmas themed goods, candles, jumpers, jewellery, music, movies (Hello Christmas 24 channel :) how I've missed you!) BUT come December 26th it stops, well it doesn't completely stop, I don't tear down the decorations or kick over speakers playing Christmas music but I'm not as full on, instead I think about relaxing and preparing for New Years. So where is this leading to? Christmas themed toiletries, I always like to buy them in advance, 2 months is never too early but a few days after Christmas and I'm done with them. Okay, I usually time it so I will have used everything up, I'm not wasteful but my partner insists it should be the other way round and I shouldn't start using my Christmas themed toiletries until Christmas day. I know there is no right and wrong here, especially in such a trivial matter but surely I'm not the only one?

So that is the question, do you start to use Christmas themed toiletries on the run up to Christmas or wait until the day? or do you use eggnog style shower gel in the middle of June?

Anyway back to the important topic of this post. Lush! I love Lush and could easily spend a small fortune in there so it is possibly wise that I send mother in to pick the goodies. Now there a few items that I also got that I won't post here as they aren't the Christmas goodies although I will mention them. I need to add some excitement to my hair colour but I've become allergic to hair colouring after many years of use, recently (well in the last couple of years) I've used the henna from Lush and it worked wonders for my hair although I wasn't too keen on the smell which lasted for days. Nevertheless I had my Mum pick up some more and this time I went with the Caca Noir , I used to always colour my hair super dark and want to be slightly darker again, possibly one last time before I leave it be. I also asked my Mum for one of their lipsticks to try, Decisive, unfortunately this is going to be a present from my Mum so I'll have to wait a while longer to try this. Now it's time for Christmas goods!


Now Snow Fairy I buy every year. It's not my usual thing, I'm not really into pink nor the super sweet stuff but I can't get enough of snow fairy. I don't even have a sweet tooth but every year I have to force myself to not drink this elixir.


Rudolph is a fresh face mask, this was more of a random pick by my Mum, I just wanted a nice face mask to use for the purpose of relaxing in the bath once my parents have departed on their winter holiday in a week or so, although I will start using it beforehand to see if it does wonders to my desperately dire skin. I was a little disappointed that my pot didn't have the red nose in, even if it doesn't have any use.


Santa Baby, a gorgeous Christmas red tinted balm. I'm still getting used to normal day to day life and one things I currently don't bother with is make-up when I go to work, last week I managed to slap on a bit of foundation and a touch of mascara, I usually put balm on my lips but it will be great to add a touch of bright colour to my lips as well. Now this is super bright, it is as full on as it looks on the website, in the pot it doesn't look too strong but a little bit of this colour goes a long way.


Finally Santa's Lip Scrub, I still have plenty of Bubblegum lip scrub to use up but I can't resist a Christmas theme plus my lips should be scrubbed more often especially with all the lipsticks I want to try out.

Now before Christmas I'm sure I'll be ordering more goods but this time for other people but other than that this is it for my Christmas toiletries. Has anyone else picked up any Christmas goodies from Lush yet?

6 comments:

  1. I LOVE Snow fairy - it's my favourite Lush scent but I've promised myself I won't start using it until Dec 1 - so a few weeks left before I can finally use it :O). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm fully into Christmas mode already, I even wished my GP a Merry Christmas today! I've still got a Korres shower gel to work through first, I think I'll be doubling my shower gel dose to get through it! xx

      Delete
  2. I love almost everything from this christmas lush stuff! i love snow fairy, great haul!

    Hannah Heartss xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would be devastated if they ever stopped doing Snow Fairy, I can't wait to stop using it but I've still got half a korres mango shower gel to go! xx

      Delete
  3. I'm totally with you Sharon! I get so excited during the run up but once its over that's that. I'm over it ha ha. Love your little lush haul! The tinted lip balm is really nice. xx

    Gemma // DuggyDimples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad it isn't just me! The tint lasts a super long time too, it's more like a good lipstick. xx

      Delete