Now I'm sure most people know that the Liebster Award is a nice, friendly way to get to know fellow bloggers. This is the second time I've done this, which is no bad thing. This time I was nominated by Ginger And The Blonde a fabulous beauty, fashion lifestyle blog run by two sisters - Ellie and Brooke.
Here are the rules:
- Make a post about the Liebster Award and thank the blogger who nominated you
- Write 11 interesting things about yourself
- Answer the 11 questions created by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate 11 (or ish in my case) other bloggers (who have less than 200 followers) and notify them about the nomination
- Write 11 new questions for your nominees
11 Interesting Things About Myself (which might be a struggle)
- I'm double jointed
- At lunch (when having this combination) I tend to eat my yoghurt before my sandwich.
- I used to have both my nose and lip pierced - I wish I still did
- I have hypersensitivity
- I also have PCOS
- I have 1 and a half kidneys, half of my right kidney was removed last year along with a lump
- I have over 1000 dvds (technically because of box sets I have 1383 titles and 1772 discs) - I keep a list here but I do need to update it.
- Music wise I've always swayed to the alternative side, I'm getting weirder and more ambient, jazz, electronic in age but old school punk, hardcore and grunge will always be my passion along with novelty bands and records. I used to go to the Holidays in the Sun/Wasted festivals but haven't been in years.
- I'm a bit of a tycoon/sims game addict. Starting with Theme Park and Theme Hospital in the early years, I had The Sims when it was first out and I still love the game (hate the bugs).
- I love to collect figures/bobbleheads/anything to do with my favourite films/TV.
- I've been a vegetarian for over a decade which means you'll never see leather in my posts although I do follow a different strokes mentality.
1. What is your favourite kind of blog post to write?I actually prefer just general stuff with photos and shopping spree type posts.
2. Favourite fragrance?Modern Chypre by Esteban. I love the scent but the fact that I can't get it in town any longer makes it extra special.
3. Are you an early bird or a night owl?If I could I would be a night owl staying up until the early hours but I have to go to work meaning I have no choice but to be in bed at a reasonable hour.
4. Which actress/actor would you like to play you in a film about your life?A tricky one, I honestly don't know who I would say.
5. Do you have any hobbies? If so what are they?I collect films, I collect a whole load of films but don't ask me about modern blockbusters, most of them I'll pass on. I also like to read. Collect records - listen to music. I love to exercise but haven't been doing much do to my surgery last year. Finding bargains in charity shops and car boot sale. I also love to cross stitch, do jigsaws and last but not least play video games.
6. What is your favourite quote or motto?I'm not really one for a motto or even quotes, my memory isn't so great, however there is one end line in the film King of Hearts (1966) (one of my favourite films) that always sticks in my mind, "The most beautiful journeys are taken through the window".
7. Do you prefer summer or winter?Winter all the way, well really the autumn to winter part, I love the darker nights. I would prefer to live somewhere with little sunlight and lots of snow. I do appreciate a bit of summer but where I live summer usually means warm rain rather than glorious sunshine.
8. What is your favourite film?
A tough question, I have lots. I recently worked out my favourite 50 horror films from the 80's, a real tough thing to work out. I have loads of favourite films, horror is my genre - big favourite is generally Italian horror. I have a couple of pintrest boards with my all-time favourite films and one for horror. To name a few, Wings of Desire (1987), King of Hearts (1966), Clerks (1994), Rita, Sue and Bob Too (1987), Tenebre (1982), Welcome to the Dollhouse (1995), Slacker (1991), Dead of Night (1945), Opera (1987) - actually just say all Dario Argento, Santa Sangre (1989), Les Diaboliques (1955), School for Scoundrels (1960), The Carry on films, Wild Zero (2000), The Third Man (1949), The Toxic Avenger (1984), Psychomania (1973), The Devil Rides Out (1968), And Soon the Darkness (1970), Carnival of Souls (1962), Celine and Julie Go Boating (1974), The Tenant (1976), Hairspray (1988), Spring and Port Wine (1970), Loulou (1980), Bedazzled (1967), Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush (1968), Strictly Ballroom (1992), My Neighbour Totoro (1988), Singin' In the Rain (1952), West Side Story (1961), Half a Sixpence (1967), Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (1970), Cry Baby (1990), The Warriors (1979) ---- I will stop there as I could list a couple hundred more.
9. Do you have any pets?
Yes, very new recently adopted elderly street cat we've named The Beast. Incredibly affectionate, sweet but a bit skinny with dodgy back legs. We love him so much and hopefully he'll stick with us, well he hasn't wandered away in the last 5 weeks so fingers crossed!
|Tucked in bed|
|With Mr Bunny|
10. What is your favourite beauty brand?
I really don't have a full on favourite, there are products I love and lots of brands I love but there are no brands that I stick to.
11. Pintrest or Tumblr? Pintrest, I honestly feel too old for Tumblr.
My questions to others are;
- Favourite vintage trend that you wish would make a comeback?
- Biggest fashion mistake you've made?
- Favourite nail varnish brand?
- Most overused word?
- Favourite book?
- Favourite sport/exercise?
- Favourite flavour of crisps (potato chips)?
- Item of jewellery you can't live without?
- Are you brand loyal or do you swap around a lot?
- Favourite film?
- If you had a choice would you prefer to live in the city or the country?
This is a bit I find hard, nominating, the below are a few of the blogs I love, whether new to me or I've followed for a while, however I love everyone that I follow, not many have below 200 so I struggle and have cheated slightly but only a little!
Gemma - Duggydimples
Ashleigh - Ashleighailsa
Stephanie - Face in Fashion
Completely over 200 but I have to mention these:
Completely over 200 but I have to mention these:
Patrícia M. - Zazzish
Kelly - Creme de la Chic