Tuesday 1 July 2014

Maybelline Great Lash Blackest BLACK Mascara - 90's Nostalgia


Now I have to admit I was feeling slightly nostalgic when I bought this mascara. Although Maybelline Great Lash mascara had been out for decades it really was the BIG mascara of the 1990's, you had Wonderbra to boost your boobs (also had been out for a while but made a bigger impact in the 1990's) and Maybelline for your eyelashes. I was a teen in the mid 90's and had a few holidays in the U.S. so managed to pick it up before it was launched in the U.K. Until now I haven't picked it up since.

Mascara has come along way in the last twenty years along with our expectations, we've gone from barely there natural looking lashes to unbelievably over the top eyelashes as the norm. Now this mascara does what it did back when I first tried it, it does my boost my lashes, not exactly like some of the HD XXL style mascaras today but enough to make them stand out rather than fade to nothing. It's a good strong black, the brush is simple but separates my lashes leaving no clumps. 

Now although it doesn't quite have the wow factor it did in the past it is still a good, basic, daytime mascara and everyone needs one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment