Saturday 19 July 2014

What's in my Glossybox? July 2014


It feels like my two beauty box subscriptions are getting further and further apart - not that I mind - I'd love a surprise box every two weeks, if I had the money I would be subscribing to everything going! So although this box is later than usual it is very welcome. I've not been as keen on Glossybox recently but I'm pleased with the contents of this box (it even includes 4 full size products) which, this month, has the theme of Stars & Stripes - to coincide with the 4th July we have a box full of products from the good ole U.S. of A.

So what did I get? it's all after the cut.







Bellapierre Cosmetics Ltd Mineral Lipstick in Ruby 3.5g (Full size: £20.00 for 3.5g)
I've received a lot of Bellapierre Cosmetics in my time with Glossybox, I always love the product but have never gone out of my way to buy the items myself as, even though I do like my costly brands, Bellapierre haven't wowed me - at least not at this price. My main thing, a very silly thing really, is the packaging, I don't think it looks luxurious enough, it's funny how that can help shape your perception of a product. However, a good lipstick is a good lipstick and if this glorious ruby red give me that old Hollywood look I'll be happy to spend the money.



ABSOLUTE New York Perfecting Eyeshadow Primer 7.9g (Full size: $4.99 for 7.9g)
I can't wait to try this out, I used to wear primers all the time but have been a bit slack recently and I couldn't honestly name the last one I owned so this product can be put to use straight away. I need them more than ever, as I've aged I've found I can't just throw make-up on and expect it to the last all day - I need a lot of prep!



Carmex Lip Balm 7.5g (Full size: £2.69 for 7.5g) 
I don't think there is a person in the country that doesn't know Carmex lip balm - its gloriously bright packaging sticks in your head. Personally I love their cherry one but the classic is always good to have around although I think I'll be nice and give my partner this one as he applies lip balm more than I do!




Color Club Nail Lacquer in Glossy Seal 15ml  (Full size: $8.50 for 15ml)
This is my second nail pot in a Glossybox from Color Club - which is great, this one is full size and the colour, a gorgeous blue, will be great for Autumn - which isn't too far away! There are so many shades and effects on offer from Color Club I just wish we could find the full range over here easily.



Juice Beauty Green Apple SPF 15 Moisturizer 15ml (Full size: £35.75 for 15ml)
Another product of ageing, I need to use moisturiser more often - especially in the hotter weather. It also offers protection, SPF 15, it's handy to have it this size as well so I can slip it in my handbag for emergency sunscreen situations.


Not as exciting as Birchbox but a decent selection of useful products. 

2 comments:

  1. The nail polish is amazing, i love this tone of blue.

    Kisses, Nati
    http://iampoliticallycorrect.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I don't think I would have picked it myself but now I have it I love it, thinking of pairing it with rust coloured clothes/lipstick once the leaves start to fall - I'm so impatient for Autumn. xx

      Delete