Thursday 22 August 2013

KIKO Cosmetics - Smart Lipstick - 901 Natural Neige



KIKO Smart Lipstick in 901 Natural Neige £2.50 sale price (normally £3.90 - I think, the 3 is right at least)

I had originally gone on the KIKO website for the water eyeshadows but when I saw there was a sale and how cheap items were I was like a kid in a sweet shop. I stocked up on a few bargain items including three lipsticks the first of these being the natural neige so a very light brown/pink natural colour. I always think it is harder to find a good natural colour than it is to find a strong, outlandish shade but at £2.50 I was willing to take a chance.

This is a great lipstick, I couldn't tell the difference between this and a MAC lipstick, when I'm back in work I'll be on that site ordering one in every colour, along with every other lipstick they do! It applies so smoothly, I tried both on its own and with the EOS Lip Balm underneath which is what the photos depict. It lasted fairly well around an hour until I wiped it off to take a drink from my water bottle. Although I always find more subtle shades need reapplying more often than darker shades, mainly because dark shades, when blotted, leave plenty of colour on the lips and I'm lazy, so if there is something remaining I can't be bothered to reapply. I love the shade, it is a barely there lipstick but my lips are incredibly pale at the moment so this really does add some colour. The lipstick smells lovely although I couldn't put my finger on what it smells like at first today I worked it out, fudge, it smells like fudge so good news if you like your lipsticks to smell pleasant, bad news if you have a hard time trying not to devour lipsticks even without a tempting aroma.

Lipstick at a slight distance - ignore the fact that I have no other make-up on and that I'm in bed, that is my life at the moment.

To sum it up a perfect shade for a perfect price without skimping on the quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment