Thursday 29 May 2014

Barry M Gelly Hi Shine Lips in Vega and Alpha

I love the Barry M Gelly Hi-Shine nail varnish so when I saw they were doing a lipstick version I knew I had to try them, beauty buying ban or not! In my typical overbuying fashion I picked up two to try, Vega (1) and Alpha (2), the first two in the collection.

Vega is a darker, plum shade and Alpha is an amazingly vivid tomato red. Let me just say they live up to the name, they are hi-shine, bloody hi-shine! I had amazingly glossy lips after one quick, slick application. Both colours are very in your face, they really stand out. As mentioned before this is a glossy lipstick, closer to a gloss so even if you have the driest lips you can wear this with even coverage. 

For a cheap lip colour they both last a reasonable amount of time but they aren't going to last the full day but they do both stain slightly so you won't be left with no coverage at all. For me, at this price, it is worth the compromise. 

Not too fond of red lipstick? well they also have three shades of pink to try. In the future I'd love to see some more pastel colours and a collection of nudes would be pretty darn amazing too.

7 comments:

  1. Alpha looks like such a punchy, happy color :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's VERY vivid! Great for summer - as long as the sun comes out! xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's much more of a statement colour, I think Vega will be perfect when it comes to the colder months but Alpha is certainly one for summer! xx

      Delete
  3. if they last for a few hours and leave a stain then i think are are suely worth buying
    Would love if you can drop by and follow my new blog www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com
    kisses
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For the money, definitely worth it, already there sweetie! xx

      Delete
  4. het Sweety , Just nominated you for a very inspiring Blogger Award , plede do check it
    and would love to read you award post :)
    http://www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com/2014/05/award.html
    Kisses
    www.beingbeautifulandpretty.com

    ReplyDelete