Tuesday 20 May 2014

What's in My Glossybox? May 2014 - 50 Years of Superdrug Special


Now we all get beauty boxes for different reasons although I think there are a few key themes that make up the majority of factors, some of us are after luxury brands, others want to be the first to try new products, and others, I'd include myself in this, just haven't grown up and want an adult lucky dip bag!

Now if you're after luxury this month you might be a little disappointed but it ticks the other two boxes as this months box is celebrating 50 years of Superdrug, a key UK high street shop offering good value for money cosmetics, toiletries and a lot of other things in-between.

Now It's fair to say I haven't been overly impressed with my Glossybox this year and I haven't really been paying attention to what I could expect next so this month is a bit of surprise. It's a nice surprise though, I'm more than impressed by the range of products this month - not just because there are two little cheeky extras on top of the 5 full sized items!

So what did I get? See after the cut!






B. Sheer Conditioning Lipstick in Merlot full size (Full size price: £6.99)
I have to admit to not knowing much of this range as it is a relatively new (2013) in house Superdrug brand but I can't wait to try this lipstick out. I received it in Merlot which is a lovely, sheer bright red shade - perfect for this time of year. Suitable for both vegetarians and vegans to boot! I already know that next time I'm in Superdrug I'll be paying closer attention to this range.


Collection Bronze Glow Mosaic 15g (Full size price: £2.99 for 15g)
The last time I used a Collection product would have been way before they changed their name to what it is now from Collection 2000! I haven't really attempted to bronze myself before, I'm more of a pale lady but I do have an interest in giving myself a healthy glow, I just haven't got around to trying the stuff I have. The thing is, even if I don't bronze my face the colour is suitable to be used on the eyes instead so nothing will go to waste.


Scholl Velvet Smooth Overnight Mask 60ml (Full size price: £7.99 for 60ml)
They obviously feel my pain. Since returning to the land of heavy exercise I've found that my feet are getting battered from pounding it out with sweaty feet in thick socks! My skin has been incredibly dry, flaky an itchy recently, a horrible thought, I know, so this night cream will hopefully work wonders.


Schwarzkopf essence ULTIME Crystal Shine Conditioner 250ml (Full size price: £4.99 for 250ml)
A full sized conditioner, I'm glad I received the conditioner as the shampoo was also a possibility and as I tend to use shampoo for dandruff/dry scalp relief I don't switch between them too easily. I've not tried it yet but if it works as well as it smells I've got nothing to worry about.


Max Factor Facefinity All Day Primer 30ml (£10.99 for 30ml)
Now I haven't found my perfect primer. I've bought one and had a couple of samples, none of which have stood out. I've always been a fan of Max Factor foundation so if this primer is as good as they are I'll be very pleased.


Bonus Products


Garnier Oil Beauty Lotion 10ml (£4.99 for 250ml)
A little sachet but always handy to try out, especially after all the sunny days has meant I've been shaving my legs more often!


GHOST Fragrances Eclipse 2ml (£33 for 50ml)
I love little samples of perfume, now fragrance is all down to personal taste but I've loved the majority of samples I've received luckily this one falls into the loved category! I usually like to carry around little perfume samples in my handbag for emergencies!


So a superb box this month reminding me just how great Superdrug is and how easily it is to get exciting brands on my own doorstep.

No comments:

Post a Comment