Saturday 10 January 2015

Winter Skin Saviours

I'm usually quite fortunate with my skin, I don't moisturise daily (something I'm planning to change this year) but I don't suffer with dry skin, until winter. When it does come to winter I do tend to go from soft skin to super dry overnight. A mix of the cold weather outside and the heavy use of central heating plays havoc with my skin and even more so my lips. Luckily I have a few products to hand that save my skin.




  1. L'Occitane Cherry Blossom Hand Cream (30ml) £8.00 - I've been carrying this around in my handbag for a while (hence the propped up empty tube) a little certainly goes a long way as I've had this for two years. Okay, I don't use it day in, day out but I have used it heavily, just a pea sized amount is enough for both hands. I love L'Occitane's Cherry Blossom range and this works perfectly, the scent is amazingly but it also makes my hands silky soft.
  2. Compagnie De Provence Hand Cream - Cotton Flower (30ml) £2.80 - A new brand to me introduced via way of Birchbox I actually picked this up in the sale from TheHut.com, pre beauty buying ban. I mainly picked it up because it was such a bargain plus I wanted to try a different scent from this brand, I already have the mediterranean sea hand cream and I simply adore it but see it as more of a summer scent so wanted to save it for the warmer weather. I chose Cotton Flower as I wanted something light and barely scented but still fresh and this is just that. It's not just about the smell though it does work amazingly well at moisturising my currently winter dry hands. 
  3. Dr Lipp Original Nipple Balm for Lips (15ml) £11.50 - I've had a couple of trial samples of this and have just loved it. It has rescued my lips many a time from incredibly dry spells in the past and is stepping in to rescue them once more at the moment as the circulated heat at work is playing havoc on my lips. In a way it's very basic, it's not scented, no frills but it really works and the tube is attractive but, to be honest, the only thing I care about is how it truly does revive my lips, immediately!
  4. SteamCream (75ml) £12.95 - If you haven't tried SteamCream I would highly recommend it, seriously, order some right now. I know I said I don't tend to moisturise as part of my daily routine but when I do I use this. I have a backlog of tins as every time I visit the site I end up buying another tin design. It's a really light, quick drying moisturiser that works just as well on the body as it does the face. The smell is light but the lavender oil really breaks through and although the scent is strong it is in no way overpowering. 
  5. Waitrose Pure Beauty Balm (50ml) £2.99 - This really is a wonder product, it hasn't had the stampeding fanfare that surrounded their baby bottom butter but it should. This is actually my saviour all year round, it's perfect for sensitive skin, I use it after a depilatory session with my top lip - it's the only thing that doesn't agitate my skin after removing the hair. It's very thick, like a hard petroleum jelly, it's greasy but in a good way. As it is thick and slick a little goes a long way but I like to add quite a bit to help calm down any rashes I get, it soothes any irritation immediately and brings swelling and redness down within an hour. 
  6. Rituals Magic Touch Cherry Blossom & Rice Milk 75ml - The smell is the overwhelming factor of my love for this, it's just gorgeous. It does work well as a moisturiser too, don't get me wrong. It's not the type I'd use on my face as the scent is quite strong but this thick, whipped body cream is perfect on my arms and legs. It leaves them ultra soft and also makes me smell gorgeous, if I do say so myself. 

So, what products do you rely on when the temperature drops? or are you blessed with eternally soft skin?

2 comments: