Saturday 28 September 2013

MAC + Rick Baker Collection - The Monster's Bride + Spider Queen + Cyber



MAC + Rick Baker Collection

When I saw the MAC + Rick Baker collaboration to say I was excited would be an understatement. I vowed to beg, borrow and steal to get my hands on some of the pieces and luckily I was able to borrow. When I received the email the other day to say the collection was now available to order I was on there within minutes and made the difficult decision on what to buy, within 19 minutes I had completed the check out. Although I won't be recreating some of the full looks I am super pleased with what I did get so I thought I better post my treats here as they arrived this morning! Today has been such a good day I might as well go to bed now as I can't see it getting better.

I opted for the two palettes, I've missed out before on palettes in other collections, they seem to sell the fastest and by 8pm Thursday they had sold out on both although The Monster's Bride is now back in stock. I loved  the palettes so I decided to get straight in there and spend the big money on both the palettes. Then I saw the lipstick, another dark one to add to my collection so that got slipped in the order too. If I had the money I would have bought everything but the palettes were a sensible option.

Spider Queen
Eyeshadow from L to R: Lime, Moss, Deep Purple, Indian Ink, Dusty Purple & Carbon

The Monster's Bride
Eyeshadow from L to R: Mylar, Omega, Bitter, Club, Brun & Carbon

I've always been into wearing green on my eyes due to it being my favourite colour and have been experimenting with purple make-up this year so the Spider Queen palette is very exciting and fun for me whereas The Monster's Bride is a lot more natural and wearable so both are hand clappingly, feet stompingly good. The only duplicate in the palettes is the carbon but it's so practical having two of it isn't bad.

Cyber - with flash - the daylight photos really didn't show the correct colour
Cyber is a really nice dark purple satin shade, very dark but very nice and perfect for this time of year.

A very exciting collection but not for my bank account. I'm really looking forward to trying out different looks with the palettes and when I do I'm sure I'll post.

Has anyone else purchased any of the collection?

No comments:

Post a Comment