Friday 6 September 2013

Models Own - Colour Lip-Stix - Ravishing Red & Purple Pleasure



Models Own Lip-Stix - Ravishing Red & Purple Pleasure

Less than a week ago I was taking a look at what has to be my favourite lipstick this year, the Models Own Lip-stix, I'd bought one on a whim online and fell in love, in that post I predicted I would end up with one of each and in shorter time than expected I have tripled my collection. I think as a rule when buying two shades from a lipstick range it is best to go for something you know works and something you want to try out, it is nice to be safe but if every lipstick you own is the same shade you will only end up with a boring make-up bag. I'm guilty of being a bit boring in this respect but have been experimenting a bit more this year, from the safety of my bedroom unfortunately.

This time I went for Ravishing Red, my safe shade, and Purple Pleasure my experimentation - I go a bit purple mad in autumn but usually only with clothes. The quality is exactly the same as the previous, the taste/smell is that of blush pears, the colour is strong and lasts for as long as you want it to. What I didn't mention before was that unlike other lipstick pencils the Models Own Lip-stix just twist at the bottom, extremely convenient meaning you won't be caught short. The Ravishing Red is a beautiful bright shade, a more summery orange hue than winter but only the most authoritarian person would care. Moving on to Purple Pleasure, a very pale pink-purple, at first I wasn't sure but now I'm dreaming of thickly lining the outside of my lips with a darker, glossy purple or just wearing the bareMinerals Lipgloss Oh So Cosmo over the top.

Wearing the Ravishing Red looking incredibly vacant. I really don't know what I wasn't thinking about in this photo.

No comments:

Post a Comment